Tikka Masala Chicken Drumsticks With Pineapple & Coconut Rice
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 9oz Street Kitchen Kashmiri Tikka Masala kit
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 9oz can pineapple pieces in juice
- 1/3 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 2 long green chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- cilantro sprigs, to serve
- extra sliced green chillies, to serve
- fresh limes, halved, to serve
Combine chicken drumsticks and garlic & ginger paste from kit in a large bowl.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add Tikka spice mix and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken drumsticks and cook for 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Pour sauce over chicken with ½ cup water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, rinse rice until water runs clear. Place into a saucepan. Drain pineapple reserving juice. Set pineapple pieces aside. Add reserved pineapple juice and 1 2/3 cups of water to the rice. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Simmer until craters form in rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Stir through toasted coconut, sliced green chilli and reserved pineapple. Season with salt and white pepper. Serve garnished with cilantro, extra sliced chillies and lime halves.